DeBorah Whaley-Stephenson – Bio
DeBorah Whaley-Stephenson coordinates the 50plus Program at Brookhaven College Campus and will discuss courses designed for the mature student, as well as the services provided through her office. She has worked in the 50plus program for more than 15 years and coordinates with faculty and department staffs to create fun and educational courses for Brookhaven’s 50plus students. She also sponsors the BAAS (Brookhaven Active Adult Student) club, a sanctioned student organization at Brookhaven College for students 50 and over, which hosts monthly meetings, various outings, and a book club, and often takes day trips as well as over-the-road trips.
Deborah was the first in her family to graduate college:
- Sinclair Community College, AA, Dayton, Ohio
- The Ohio State University, BA, Columbus, Ohio
- University of North Texas, MA, Denton, Texas
Some of her areas of work experience include: Program Coordination and Management, Course Development, Leadership and Management, Crisis Intervention, Case Management, Counseling, Group Facilitation, Adjunct Faculty.
Deborah’s hobbies include:
- All types of Arts and Crafts
- Playing with my buddies (four dogs) and once in a while my husband – Michael
- Planning, and leading trips